Host a Block Party

street-closed-block-party-signBlock parties are a great way to build connections and create lasting memories with your neighbors. Interested in organizing a fun block party? We’d like to help you out! The Ward Parkway Homes Association will reimburse block party organizers for the following expenses (keep your receipts!):

  • $50 for any WPHA member who plans the event.
  • $75 if the block has at least 75% WPHA membership.
  • $100 if block has 90% or more WPHA membership.

Get reimbursed

Mail copies of your block party receipts to the Ward Parkway Homes Association at P.O. Box 140083, Kansas City, MO 64114.

How to apply for a KCMO block party permit

  1. Submit a Neighborhood Block Party Application for Permit to the City of Kansas City, Mo., at least 30 days in advance of the event.
    • There is no fee to apply.
    • You must get signatures of support from 60% of residents in the area you want to block off.
    • You must include a letter that ensures plans are in place for cleaning up after the block party.
  2. Once you receive the permit, and at least 24 hours before the block party, call the city at 816-513-9841 to reserve signs and barricades for blocking off the street. To pick them up, you’ll need to bring your permit and a check for $30 as a security deposit.
  3. Block parties must take place between 7 a.m. and 10 p.m.
  4. Make sure your block party permit is available on site during the event.