311 Call Center

Report a problem, request a service, or ask a question about a city service.
Call 311 or 816-513-1313 or visit

AlertKC Community Notification Service

AlertKC — sign up for various text alerts from the City of Kansas City, Missouri


KC Animal Health and Public Safety Division
Animal Shelter: call 311 or 816-513-9821
Animal licenses (tags)

Channel 2

Channel 2 (KCCG-TV2) — live coverage of City Council, weekly city news and special events

Elected Officials

The Ward Parkway Homes Association is located in KCMO’s 6th District.
Mayor and City Council


Kansas City Public Library
Mid-Continent Public Library

Public Transportation

RideKC — one-stop website for transit trip planning, maps and schedules

Safety & Security

Emergency: 911
Fire non-emergency: 816-513-4600
Police non-emergency: 816-234-5111
Crime mapping:
Obtain or renew permit for private alarm system


There is one public neighborhood school located within the boundaries of the Ward Parkway Homes Association.
Hale Cook Elementary — pre-K to 6th grade


City-Managed Utilities

Trash & Recycling

Solid Waste Services

  • Trash is collected once a week.
  • Holidays usually push collection back one day.
  • A trash tag is required for each bag over two. Buy them for $2.50 each at designated Westlake Ace Hardware and Price Chopper locations.

Ward Parkway Homes Association trash/recycling/yard waste day: Thursday

Schedule a bulky item collection appointment
Household hazardous waste
KC Recycles curbside recycling — recyclables are picked up on same day as weekly trash pickup
RecycleSpot — one-stop spot for recycling information
Ripple Glass — glass recycling locations


KC Water Services
Report a water service issue or concern: 311 or 816-513-1313

Yard Waste

Curbside leaf and brush collection: once in the spring, twice in the fall
KCMO curbside leaf and brush collection information
KCMO leaf and brush drop-off sites

Non-City Utilities


Multiple providers


Kansas City Power & Light
Report power outage online or call 1-888-LIGHT-KC (1-888-544-4852)
Customer service: 816-471-5275  /  888-471-5275

Natural Gas

Report a gas leak, service outage or other emergency: 1-800-887-4173
Customer service: 1-800-887-4173

Voter information

Kansas City Board of Election Commissioners