Since we cannot, yet, safely host a full Easter Egg Hunt, we will again sponsor an Easter Egg Quest.
Here’s how the WPHA 2021 Easter Egg Quest works.
1) Follow the link at the bottom to download coloring pages.
2) Print and color as many of the pages as you would like.
3) Tape the colored pages to your windows or doors that face your front yard before Saturday, March 27, 2021.
4) Between March 27th and April 4th, walk the neighborhood. As you do, find as many colored pages as you can find, and keep count.
5) By NOON, on Monday, April 5, submit an email using this link.
6) On Tuesday, April 6, 2021, the WPHA will randomly draw 4 names from the submissions sent in. Each of the 4 names drawn will win a goody-filled basket!
7) Prizes will be distributed by April 11, 2021.
There is no age limit. Everyone can participate.
A big thank you to WPHA volunteer and member, Amanda Rhodes, for coordinating this year’s Quest.
Tour our beautiful neighborhood to see the winners and honorable mentions of the WPHA’s 2020 Holiday Homes Decorating Contest.
Individual home winners:
7419 Ward Parkway
7300 Mercier St
Best block winners (tie):
Individual home honorable mentions:
715 W 74 St
7232 Ward Parkway
1000 W 72nd St
Individual blocks honorable mentions:
74th St between Pennsylvania & Washington
7200s Ward Parkway
Congratulations to all the winners and honorable mentions. Thank you for making our neighborhood a winter wonderland.
Dear WPHA Residents,
I had hoped this letter would be a celebratory one, recounting the wonderful connections we had made at the Longtime Resident Appreciation, the success of the Members Only Dumpster Day and Harvesters Food Drive, the fun conversations at Thirsty Thursday, and the exciting plans for June’s Hawaiian Ice Truck, another Members Only event.
Sadly, Covid-19 altered WPHA’s spring and summer plans, canceling some events and postponing others. This pandemic has affected our lives—both individually and collectively—in unprecedented ways, and individually and collectively, we are trying to find ways to cope with the myriad changes it has wrought.
As of this writing, we are optimistic that the 4th of July Picnic will happen, albeit with new rules to help assuage the potential spread of Coronavirus. I am personally hopeful that we can find a way to hold the annual Mums Sale and Neighborhood Night Out.
Please know that WPHA will alert you as we become aware of new information that effects our events. And, we will continue seeking ways to safely come together to build the bonds of community.
Please reach out to us at email@example.com if you have any questions.
President, WPHA Board of Directors
Pursuant to recent ’10/10/10 Rules’ for Kansas City which allows a ‘soft opening’ and the end of the Recovery Plan’s Phase One on May 15, the WPHA Board of Directors has determined that it is in the better interest of our community to cancel the Garage Sale Weekend originally scheduled for May 15 and May 16. If this event is rescheduled, we will alert you with more information.
Click the link for more information on KCMO Reopens.
More than 100 WPHA homes participated in the Easter Egg Quest. Thank you to everyone who colored and posted pages for our eager Questers to seek and find! From our Quest submissions, here are lucky winners:
Each winning home receives a $25 gift card to Brookside Toy & Science.
In lieu of our originally-planned Easter Egg Hunt on the lawn of Ward Parkway Presbyterian, we’re hosting an Easter Egg Quest.
Here’s how the WPHA 2020 Easter Egg Quest works.
1) Follow the link at the bottom to download coloring pages.
2) Print and color as many of the pages as you would like. We have included images for older participants to color as well.
3) Tape the colored pages to your windows or doors that face your front yard before Friday, April 3, 2020.
4) Between April 3rd and 5th, walk the neighborhood. As you do, find as many “eggs” as you can find, and keep count.
5) By NOON, on Monday, April 6, submit an email using this link.
6) On Tuesday, April 7, 2020, the WPHA will randomly draw 5 names from the submissions sent in. Each of the 5 names drawn will win a $25 Gift Card to Brookside Toy and Science!
7) Prizes will be distributed by April 10, 2020.
A big thank you to WPHA volunteer and member, Becky Schubkegel, for bringing us this idea. She is a special needs educator and a new WPHA resident.
For more than a decade, residents of WPHA have held a food drive to benefit Harvesters. Collectively, we have donated many tons of food to help our neighbors throughout the 26 counties, including Jackson, that Harvesters serves.
Sadly, pursuant to local orders and guidelines, WPHA finds it necessary to postpone our food drive, originally scheduled for April 25.
We hope that you will consider making a donation to help Harvesters help our neighbors.
1) Due to Covid-19, the Coronavirus, it is expected that food insecurity will increase exponentially among residents of Harvesters service area.
2) Many of our WPHA neighbors might find themselves unable to find or buy groceries and could themselves rely on Harvesters.
How can you help?
Make a donation. Every dollar donated to Harvesters helps ensure they have the food and resources on hand to meet any additional demand. It also helps provide means to get the food out more effectively and efficiently.
Harvesters still needs volunteers, though they have to limit the number and timeframe. In Kansas City, they can have 30 volunteers per shift who will work in three different areas.
You can still donate food to Harvesters; in fact, there are blue donation barrels at area Price Chopper stores.
What if you need help?
Many homes will find themselves missing meals or without enough food for the entire family at any one meal. You can find out how to use Harvesters services here.
Neighbors can help neighbors.
If you are not in a high risk group but have neighbors who are, maybe you can help shop for them?
WPHA is a community of neighbors with a long history of helping one another and others. During this most challenging of times, WPHA thanks everyone for all you are doing to ensure that you, and others, stay healthy.
The situation regarding COVID-19, the coronavirus, has changed dramatically over the last few weeks and is likely to impact all of us for weeks to come. Pursuant to federal, state, and local orders and guidelines calling for the cancellation or postponement of gatherings and events greater than 10 people, WPHA finds it necessary to cancel and postpone a number events. To read more, click here.
Don’t miss out on upcoming Member Only Events, including Dumpster Day and the Hawaiian Ice Truck! Until March 31, save more than 30% on a Platinum Membership for 2020 Membership Year. For only $75, you’ll enjoy all the benefits of membership and know that you help keep our neighborhood among the safest in Kansas City. To join, click here.
Here are the homes and blocks that shone brightest during the 2019 WPHA Holiday Homes Decorating Contest.
Each winning home receives a $50 gift card to Sutherlands. (Homeowners must have paid FY2020 membership dues by Dec. 1 to be eligible.)
7300 block of Terrace Street.
Winning block wins $100 toward expenses for a block party. (Submit receipts for reimbursement. Expires 12/31/2020.)
Congrats to all and thanks to our judges (winners of the 2019 contest). You brightened up our season!